Dining out's expensive, but it sure beats boiling hot dogs on the stove. So I've gathered secrets to cheap eats:
- restaurant.com sells gift certificates, often $10 for $25 worth of feed.
- opentable.com is an online reservation system with rewards. Earn 100 points for every reservation you make. Earn 2,000 points and get a $20 gift certificate. You can also earn 1,000 points for making a reservation for a slow time at some restaurants.
- Costco sells two $50 gift certificates for $80, good at Mia Francesca restaurants.
- Around the holidays, Lettuce Entertain You offers a $25 gift certificate for every $100 you buy.
- Groupon, dealfind, and their clones frequently offer fantastic dining deals.
- Groupon Now offers discounts at nearby restaurants.
- With Savored, you book a reservation for $10 and get 30% off your entire bill (including booze).
Anyone else have ways to save?